A one day course to enable voluntary organisations to plan ahead, agree a strategy and draw up a useful business plan to make the case for funding your organisation.
This course is designed to help managers and trustees think and act strategically and to ensure that their organisation has a credible and realistic plan that will win support.
The course will also look at ways in which organisation can take a more strategic approach to funding, broaden out their income base and consider new approaches such as social enterprise.
The course is packed full of real life examples, case studies and tools and technique to use in your organisation. The course is practical, relevant to local organisations and based on real life examples.
At the end of the course participants will:
- Understand the relevance of strategy to a voluntary organisation.
- Know how to lead a strategic planning process
- Be able to develop a credible income plan for their organisation.
- Be able to use a range of planning tools and techniques
- Know how to cost and plan ahead
- Be able to draft a business plan
- Appreciate the key issues involved in bringing about strategic change.
Alan Lawrie – an independent consultant and author who specialises in strategy and organisational development for voluntary organisations. He is the author of five books on different aspects of managing voluntary organisations including the best selling, The Complete Guide to Strategic and Business Planning.
24th January, 2018 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Salford CVS Training Room
The Old Town Hall
5 Irwell Place, Eccles
Salford, M30 0FN
For more information and to book, click here