We are recruiting a volunteer co-ordinator for the Volunteering in Care Homes project
During 2015-16 The Salford Together Volunteering in Care Homes project aimed to test the model of recruiting, training and supporting volunteers in two care homes in Salford (Swinton Hall and Barton Brook) over a three month period and look to develop good volunteer management practice in care homes in Salford. This approach involved monitoring and evaluating volunteer, resident and staff feedback; creating case studies from both care homes; evaluating findings and sharing experiences with others involved in similar settings. We now wish to scale up the model building on the evidence we have gained during the pilot.
This project will offer more support for volunteers in care homes including ad hoc and structured as well as group and one-to-one support. The project will also provide additional training and support to care home staff around volunteer management. Social isolation and loneliness are common issues among the 65 years and over population. There is a great need to support people to remain connected to their community and manage their own health and well-being.
Main Purposes of the Post
- To develop, coordinate and deliver a ‘volunteering and care homes’ project in Salford
- To recruit volunteer wellbeing champions to participate in this project
- To work effectively with care home staff so that they understand the benefits of involving volunteers in helping to provide social activities, thus improving residents’ wellbeing
- To support volunteer wellbeing champions to engage care home residents in social activity
- To work as part of the wider Salford Together volunteer and development team to ensure a consistent delivery of recruitment, training and support for volunteers
- To develop a toolkit for care homes staff for delivery of social activity in care homes
- To support volunteers to develop a range of group activities for engaging with care home residents
- To work in partnership with Inspiring Communities Together (ICT) to deliver this project
- To liaise effectively with a range of key partners to ensure the project meets identified need
- To deliver the project to target and timescale, ensuring measurable outcomes are achieved and longer-term impact (social value) is demonstrated
How to Apply
Download an application pack for more information on the Salford CVS, background to the role, job description and personal specification.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com