Personal Assistant to the Chair and Board
Veterans Council is committed to providing a credible duty of care that makes a positive difference to the daily lives of the Armed Forces Community.
Due to the continued development within our Charity, we are now recruiting for a Personal Assistant to support the Chairman and Board of Trustees. The role will be based in the North West, with occasional travel within the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland. Access to a car is essential along with a valid license to drive in the UK.
Job Role -
As a personal assistant you'll be assisting the Chairman on a day to day basis, from managing his diary to typing up reports or scheduling meetings, and liaising with other staff members on his behalf.
- Make certain the Charity realises its purpose, mission, aims and objectives.
- Ensure the Charity completes any contractual commitments within agreed timescales.
- Scheduling Board Meetings in accordance with the governing document
- Organising meetings and lunches and attending meetings, and ensuring the Director is well-prepared
- Ensuring the board and charity is aligned to the guidelines of the Charities Commission
- Dealing with correspondence, including incoming emails and post
- Attending meetings with the Director, preparing agendas, taking minutes, producing board documentation, incl reports, letters, memos and emails - copy typing and taking dictation
- Screening telephone calls and enquiries and handling them where necessary
- Maintaining filing systems (electronically and paper based)
- Internet research and compiling reports
- Record keeping for business mileage and expenses
- Booking travel arrangements
- Collation and filing of Board papers, including submission to regulatory bodies
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with excellent organisational skills to provide a full range of administrative support to the Chair. In addition to the skills listed below, you will work well under pressure both as part of a team and using your own initiative.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Good working knowledge and recent experience of all Microsoft Office products
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong letter writing skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload and deliver to agreed standards.
- Ability to learn new skills and actively self-develop
- Ability to deal with confidential matters with tact and diplomacy
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of working with Senior Managers in a support role
- Experience of working within the third or not-for-profit sector
- Experience or knowledge of the Armed Forces
For your skills and experience we can offer a competitive salary and the opportunity of working with a forward thinking and dedicated charity, committed to ensuring the ongoing development of their team.
To apply, please follow the link and upload your CV and cover letter, detailing how you meet the essential and desirable skills detailed above.