Side by Side Volunteering in Trafford
Why we need you…
Side by Side volunteers provide invaluable, person centred opportunities for people living with dementia and Alzheimer’s Society is currently recruiting in the Trafford area.
You could enable someone to take part in social and recreational activities - staying connected to the things they love such as listening to music, enjoying a good conversation, keeping active in local community or leisure centre or giving someone the confidence to take part in groups.
Your involvement would enable people with dementia, help them feel less isolated or lonely and focus on their individual strengths.
How long and how often
The minimum age for volunteers is 16 and we ask for a minimum of 6 months commitment once relevant checks have taken place. Volunteering is very flexible and could be during the day, evenings or weekends for as little as one hour a week.
Side by Side volunteering can also be carried out over the telephone.
This role does not provide personal care, such as cleaning, washing or physical support
Have you got what it takes?
Please get in touch if you…
- have a desire to help people with dementia stay involved and know about, or are willing to learn about dementia and its impact on people.
- enjoy learning new things and are willing to quickly undertake training (online and in person).
- recognise the importance of making people feel valued, treat people with respect and dignity, and have the ability to connect with people based on common interests.
- are able to follow policies, procedures and guidance and can volunteer within service boundaries.
What’s in it for you?
- Make a real difference to the lives of people living with dementia.
- Pioneer change and help reduce the stigma of dementia.
- Develop and build on your skills and experience in Health Social Care and Community settings.
- Learn new skills and enhance and expand your CV.
How to apply…
To find out more or register your interest, please email Sue Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your registration pack.
Please note, this role requires a criminal records check and two references