We are looking for a Fundraising Administration Support Volunteer to help out in our Alzheimer’s Society Trafford office at Dunham House, 85-89 Cross Street, Sale M33 7HH.
The volunteer would ideally be able to offer a few hours each week or fortnight and provide some continuity over a minimum of 3 months.
The volunteer would be managed by the full time Community Fundraiser who will give full support for the volunteer.
What will I be doing?
This is a flexible role and duties will vary depending on need, skills and interests. Tasks could include:
- Providing support with general office duties both on and off the computer.
- Researching new fundraising prospects.
- Speaking to supporters and community fundraisers.
- Attending and supporting events.
- Helping with mailings and the distribution of publications.
- Sending out emails/letters and similar tasks in an accurate and timely way.
- Processing data, creating and/or updating spreadsheets.
- Using social media to help promote events or campaigns.
The role will suit you if you…
- Have an interest in fundraising, events and/or marketing.
- Have some experience of providing administration support in an office environment (not essential).
- Have good verbal communication skills, by telephone and face to face.
- Have good IT skills, especially Microsoft® Office applications.
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Have an ability to volunteer within appropriate boundaries.
- Are keen to provide a high standard of service and can prioritise tasks.
- Are able to carry out tasks efficiently, with close attention to detail.
- Have an understanding of, and a commitment to, confidentiality and data protection.
- Are comfortable following policies, procedures and guidance.
- Have a basic knowledge of, or willing to learn about, dementia and its impact on people.
- Are prepared to undergo an induction into the role and attend necessary training and similar learning activities to help you in your role.
- Are committed to inclusion, treating people from all backgrounds with dignity.
The impact you’ll make….
Volunteers are vital to Alzheimer’s Society’s goal of improving the lives of people affected by dementia.
Regional fundraising is at the very centre of how we raise vital funds at a local level. The money we raise funds the delivery of universal services that include our website and National Dementia Helpline, as well as the services we provide locally such as dementia cafes and Singing for the Brain®. It also helps to fund research into care for today and a cure for tomorrow, and our campaigning work.
If you have any questions or would like to apply for this role, please contact Sue Smith at email@example.com or call 0161 962 4769.