The Bernard Sunley Charitable Trust is a large charitable trust with a wide range of interests and limited written guidance for groups and organisations who wish to apply.
Projects can be funded in fields including education, arts, children and youth, community, health, older people, social welfare and environment. The foundation can support capital projects, endowments, scholarship funds, research programmes and research funding.
Funding is for registered charities and they can apply for £1,000 to £250,000, but most will be less than £10,000.
There is no application form and very brief guidelines for applicants. To apply, you should write to the director of the Trust, giving details of:
- Your charity and its aims
- How much your project will cost
- The size of the grant requested
- How much has already been raised and from whom
- How you plan to raise the shortfall
- You should include an annual report and any other documentation that you feel could support your appeal
Applications may be made at any time. Appeals are considered regularly
Applications should be made to: John Rimmington, Director, The Bernard Sunley Charitable Trust, 20 Berkely Square, London, W13 6LH