The BBC Performing Arts Fund (PAF) will chooses an art form to focus on for each funding round. In 2011 the chosen art form is dance.
The scheme will support the development of groups, helping them to increase their skills and engage new audiences, raising their profiles in their communities.
Project examples may include the following:
- Sending group members on training courses or summer schools
- Running workshops encouraging participation
- Bringing in external consultants to improve performances and run master classes
- Establishing partnerships between schools and other community organisations
- Commissioning new performances
- Providing opportunities for new and innovative performances
Grants of between £500 and £5,000 are available from a £200,000 fund.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on 12 July 2011