To spot the signs of child abuse or neglect look out for changes in these characteristics.
- Appearance: such as unusual injuries or consistently poor hygiene.
- Behaviour: such as being withdrawn, overly anxious, disruptive or self-harming or any other sudden changes in behaviour.
- Communication:such as talking aggressively, using sexual language or becoming secretive.
You have a number of options when it comes to reporting abuse anonymously. You can talk to:
Your local council is there to help resolve your worries by following these four simple steps;
- Listening to your concerns.
- Gathering information.
- Assessing the whole picture.
- Deciding what action to take.
We all have a role to play.