Closing date: 5 August 2015 (at midnight)
We’re looking for proactive and results driven individual with great administrative and organizational skills, to join us as Project Support Officer and facilitate the efficient operation of a Through the Gate advice service. This role is integral to the effective co-ordination of data collection and information sharing across a wide geographical area and we are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Shelter has been delivering housing, finance, benefit and debt contracts in prisons and the community for 11 years. Recently the existing HMP Resettlement services have undergone a significant change since the "Transforming Rehabilitation" was implemented across the county and all contracts are now operated by newly appointed Community Rehabilitation Companies (CRCs). Each CRC is responsible for delivering rehabilitation services for offenders in Contract Package Areas, and within this there are a range of contracted providers that deliver these services. As part of this, Shelter delivers Through the Gate Resettlement services in a number of prisons across the north of England and this role will work with teams across 6 CPAs.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave, the possibility of flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
- Provide practical and timely project support to the National Contracts Manager and two Contract Managers covering Yorkshire and the north east and north west of England
- Communicate effectively with all teams across the contract, co-ordinating the data submission and ensuring consistent recording structures in all CPAs.
- Carry out a variety of administrative and office support functions, including dealing with enquiries and maintaining manual and computerised records
- Collect and maintain information to support the service’s monitoring and evaluation process
- Implement works streams, disseminate promotional and progress information, design and develop office systems and provide ad hoc project support as required.
And what you’ll need:
- Proven office management experience that has given you a good understanding of administrative systems and exceptional project management and IT skills
- Experience of preparing management of financial reports and performing basic analysis
- A proactive, collaborative and results-driven approach, great relationships building skills, respect for others opinions and the ability to deal effectively with change
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
For further information about the role, the benefits of working for Shelter and to apply please visit our website.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps millions of people a year struggling with bad housing or homelessness – and we campaign to prevent it in the first place. We’re here so no-one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
No agencies please.
£18,346 - £19,285 per annum, plus excellent benefits
Wed, 05/08/2015 (All day)