Salford CVS and Inspiring Communities Together are working in partnership to develop and deliver an innovative health and wellbeing volunteering project as part of the Salford Together initiative.
We are looking for two motivated, friendly and flexible Volunteering Development Workers to coordinate our Salford Together Volunteering Project.
Experience delivering asset based community development and knowledge of Salford is advantageous, as well as an interest health and wellbeing and a willingness to travel across Salford to support our volunteers.
Salford Together is an alliance between Salford City Council, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, Salford Clinical Commissioning Group, and Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. The alliance has developed an Integrated Care Programme for Adults in Salford. Part of this plan involves mapping and developing `Communities as Assets` and is where Salford CVS, Inspiring Communities Together and other key players, for example, Age UK Salford, are working to deliver. Community Assets, which include people and places, can bring great social value and improved wellbeing to communities.
Salford Together’s aim is to help those who are well and healthy stay active so they stay healthier for longer and to support those who have care needs to improve their quality of life and independence with an overall focus on improving the health and wellbeing of all adults across the city.
Our project is aimed at engaging people of all ages as volunteers to support older people to help reduce isolation and improve health and wellbeing to ultimately improve older people’s quality of life. The project will develop a wide range of diverse volunteering opportunities (see below) aimed at supporting older people in a variety of settings, and will also encourage voluntary and community groups to recruit and retain older people as volunteers.
Main Purposes of the Post
- To develop, coordinate and deliver on an established volunteering project in Salford
- To recruit volunteer wellbeing champions to participate in this project through a range of activities including targeted outreach, physical and digital marketing
- To provide an effective induction and training process to support the volunteer wellbeing champions in their roles
- To support volunteer wellbeing champions to engage in a variety of projects to support Salford residents improve their health and wellbeing
- To ensure volunteer wellbeing champions are recognised for their contribution to the project through a variety of methods, including organising annual volunteer event, volunteering hours certificates and nominations to local and national volunteering awards.
- To work effectively with local partners so they understand the benefits and added value of involving volunteer wellbeing champion’s in delivering a range of health and wellbeing projects
- Where appropriate, to develop toolkits for a range of projects to ensure they can be replicated across Salford and beyond
- To support volunteer wellbeing champions to develop a range of activities to engage older people in a variety of settings
- To work in partnership with Inspiring Communities Together (ICT) to deliver this project as part of an asset based approach to community development
- To liaise effectively with a range of key partners to ensure the project meets identified need
- To deliver the project to target and timescale, ensuring measurable outcomes are achieved and longer-term impact (social value) is demonstrated
This vacancy closes on Wednesday 15th March at 12 noon.
Please note late applications will not be accepted. Your completed application form and equal opportunities form should be returned by one of the following methods:
Email: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no need to send additional copies. If successful you will be asked to sign your application form at interview.
Post: Recruitment, Salford CVS, The Old Town Hall, 5 Irwell Place, Eccles, M30 0FN.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 22nd March 2017.
To see the original ad, click here