Job Vacancy for Administrator at Voice of BME-Trafford
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Administrator to work with our BME Health Liaison Worker on a Cervical Screening Programme in Trafford which runs until end of March 2015.
The postholder will provide comprehensive administrative support and information services for the Cervical Screening Programme run jointly by VBMET, Trafford Council, the Clinical Commissioning Group and Public Health. The post holder will predominantly work within the BME communities in Trafford.
They will be based at Oakland House on Talbot Road but will be required to travel to locations primarily in the Old Trafford and Stretford/Gorse Hill areas. They will attend meetings, health sessions etc. when required.
Hours of Work - Part Time: 15 hours per week – 6 x 2.5 hour sessions until the end of March 2015
Salary - £20 per session
Closing Date – Wednesday 25th February at 12 noon.
Interview Date – Thursday 26th February 2015
Send your CV to: Aliya Bukhari at firstname.lastname@example.org or return to Voice of BME-Trafford, Oakland House (Ground Floor East), Talbot Road, Old Trafford, M16 0PQ.
If you have any questions phone 07928 843 762 for a brief discussion about the post.
See below for Job Description and Person Specification
Context of Role
The BME Health Liaison Worker
To provide comprehensive administrative support to the BME Health Liaison Worker
To provide support and information services for the Cervical Screening Programme run jointly by VBMET, Trafford Council, the Clinical Commissioning Group and Public Health.
The post holder will predominantly work within the communities in Trafford. They will be based at Oakland House on Talbot Road but will be required to travel to locations in the Old Trafford and Stretford/Gorse Hill areas. They will attend meetings, health sessions etc. when required.
Part Time: 15 hours per week – 6 x 2.5 hour sessions until the end of March 2015
£20 per session
Key Work Areas and tasks
- Assist the BME Health Liaison Worker to plan, promote, deliver and evaluate the range of activities for meeting the project aims.
- In conjunction with the Liaison Worker, plan, prepare and circulate advertising material regarding the outreach activities in each area.
- Co-ordinate the outreach activities, liaising with partners, particularly from Trafford Council, the CCG and Public Health as necessary
- Handle phone call enquiries in the office and at key venues from members of the public, and professionals in a polite and professional manner.
- Handle email and face-to-face enquiries from members of the public and colleagues in a polite and professional manner.
- Ensure that all messages received verbally, on the phone, by email etc. are recorded accurately and passed on promptly to the people concerned.
- Distribute promotional materials to the public via email, social media, the websites of partners etc.
- Liaise with local, relevant radio stations and partners to organise publicity and marketing slots on the radio stations.
- To provide support for the VBMET Health & Wellbeing sessions.
- Ensure that all information given conforms to the specifications required by VBMET and the CCG.
- Work closely with the Liaison Worker, the VBMET Executive and Partners to discuss the effectiveness of the outreach provision, areas for further development and make changes as agreed.
- Ensure that all work conforms to the Data protection, systems, issues of confidentiality and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of regular statistical and qualitative data.
- Attend relevant internal and external meetings as agreed with the project.
- Demonstrate commitment to the aims and policies of the project.
- Abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for own safety and that of colleagues.
- Abide by the equal opportunities ethos of VBMET.
- Effective oral communication skills with particular emphasis on good customer care both face-to-face and on the phone.
- Experience of developing and distributing publicity material.
- Effective writing skills, including the use of IT, Microsoft Office, the Internet, Outlook etc.
- Numerate to the level required in the tasks.
- Able to prepare agendas, write minutes of meetings, record attendance at activities, gather monitoring and evaluation information.
- Energy and willingness to motivate volunteers and residents/clients to engage with the project.
- Ability to priorities own work and meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to use initiative and work autonomously
- Ability to engage with residents/clients from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively with the public, and professionals.
- Ability to monitor and maintain own standards.
- Understanding of and commitment to the aims and principles of the project and its equal opportunities policies.
In addition to the tasks and duties listed in this job description, to undertake such duties as may be identified and which are generally compatible with the functions of the post.
Equal Opportunities Policy
The Voice of BME Trafford is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from people regardless of their gender, age, racial, ethnic or national origin, creed, class, sexual orientation or having responsibilities for dependents. Potential staff must have regard in the planning and execution of duties to the Voice of BME Trafford Equal Opportunities Policy.
All workers and volunteers will be expected to maintain a high standard of practice, which recognises the rights of the individual to have assurance that any information given will be treated with the respect and privacy consistent with the organisations overall social and professional responsibilities.