Salary: £19817 per annum (NJC Scale 5)
Plus a 6% contributory pension scheme
Hours: 36.25 per week to be worked flexibly with some evening and weekend working. Annual leave entitlement 25 days plus public holidays pro rata.
This post is funded until March 2015.
Responsible to: Chief Officer, Healthwatch Trafford
Healthwatch is the new, independent consumer champion created to represent the interests of the public. Healthwatch will play a role at both national and local level and will make sure that the public’s views on health and social care services are taken into account.
Role & Responsibilities
• Plan and develop engagement activities to support the development of Healthwatch Trafford, including information dissemination, consultation, research, involvement, collaboration and empowerment activities.
• Visit organisations and groups in order to disseminate information, listen to and record concerns
• Monitor the participation of communities that traditionally are less engaged and where appropriate develop activities to support or increase their participation.
• Develop links with younger people to engage and inform them about Healthwatch.
• Develop new networks within communities.
• Maintain records of all engagement activity and ensure that feedback and comments is entered into the Healthwatch database
To request an application pack please contact Healthwatch Trafford (CVs will not be accepted):
Telephone 0300 999 0303
By Post: Healthwatch Trafford, 5th Floor, Sale Point, 126 – 150 Washway Road, Sale M33 6AG
Closing Date: Friday 28th February 2013
Companies House Number 8466421
Registered in England & Wales