Are you approachable, dynamic, focused and creative; a strategic independent thinker with excellent judgment? Can you assist in providing direction and leadership to a dynamic and innovative charity?
BHA for Equality in health and social care works with BME, marginalised and disadvantaged communities enabling individuals to improve their health and wellbeing. We have over 20 years of experience in delivering public health messages and offer support and practical assistance to people disproportionately affected by health conditions.
We are looking to appoint a new Chair who will share our ethos, passion, embrace our values, provide leadership and guidance to the Board of Trustees in delivering its strategic objectives and lead the Board of Trustees on the next stage of our exciting and challenging journey.
We are looking for someone with:-
- Extensive knowledge and solid experience of the public and voluntary sector with experience of relationships at Board level
- intellectual strength, business acumen, integrity and an ability to consider and discuss
issues laterally and strategically with a clear vision and an ability to lead and drive
- awareness of political, regulatory and market issues
- an understanding and acceptance of legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- ambassadorial skills for internal and external audiences
- commitment and willingness to devote the necessary time to BHA
The time commitment on average is four meetings per year. The role is non remunerated, however reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
For an informal conversation please telephone Priscilla Nkwenti, CEO on 0161 874 2155/2159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application form please contact Marcella Turner on 0161 874 2159 or email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th March 2015
BHA for Equality is a Company limited by guarantee. Company No. 3818058, Charity No. 1079727; whose registered office is Democracy House, 609 Stretford Road, Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 0QA.