Post: Trafford Advice Partnership Business Development Manager
There is a 3% contributory pension scheme in operation.
Hours: 35 hours per week to be worked flexibly, with some evening and weekend work anticipated. We operate remote and flexible working options.
Annual leave entitlement 28 days.
This is a 12 month fixed term post.
Responsible to: TCIL Chief Executive and the TAP Board.
The Trafford Advice Partnership (TAP) was successful in securing funding from the Advice Services Transition Fund managed by the BIG Lottery Fund.
TAP bid to utilise technology more effectively in the delivery of advice and to employ specialists in key fields to support the development of the partnership. The Business Development Manager post is one of these roles.
We are looking for an individual who has experience of developing and delivering robust new business ideas and is skilled in writing tenders and funding applications. It’s essential that you can communicate ideas effectively and have a creative and credible approach to engaging and coaching third sector leaders in business development. Your strong commercial edge will be soundly backed up by your experience.
The Trafford Advice Partnership is led by Citizens Advice Trafford and includes Age UK Trafford, Trafford Carers Centre, and Trafford Centre of Independent Living, and Voluntary & Community Action Trafford.
Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager:
1. To take the lead role in developing and implementing TAP's income generation strategy.
2. To develop new products and services with and for TAP and its members.
3. To develop business opportunities with public, private and voluntary sector agencies.
4. To work with the TAP to explore and identify commercial trading activities, maximise funding opportunities, develop new business and secure continuation of existing business.
5. Work with each partner, and the partnership as a whole, to develop and implement business development plans bespoke to each partner’s needs which will include:
• Identifying commercial trading activities.
• Developing current trading activities.
• Bid and tender writing.
• Business / corporate sponsorship
6. To develop existing trading activities of partners to fulfil their potential.
7. To undertake an evaluation and produce reports on the commercial, trading and funding opportunities for each of the partners.
8. To develop and maintain a working knowledge of opportunities and relationships with funders, commissioners and other providers, particularly in relation to Advice and Information services.
9. Work with the Partnership to analyse specific tendering and funding opportunities and identify the appropriate response.
10. Contribute to bid coordination and development, either leading or as part of a cross-partnership team ensuring that all internal and external timescales are met.
11. As part of the Partnership to contribute, to the liaising with small and corporate businesses and to further develop fundraising opportunities with them for the Partnership.
12. To manage consultants employed to deliver specific pieces of work on behalf of the partnership.
The Business Development Manager will:
a. To ensure that the social model of disability, principles of independent living and equal opportunities are implemented in all work undertaken on behalf of TCIL.
b. Health and Safety - To operate safely within the workplace with regard to TCIL’s health and safety policies, procedures and safe working practices. To be responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of other employees.
c. Equalities & Diversity - To work within TCIL’s Equalities and Diversity Policy, embracing through personal example, open commitment and clear action that diversity is positively valued, resulting in access for all by ensuring fair treatment in employment, service delivery and external communications.
d. Customer Care - To continually review, develop and improve systems, processes and services in support of the TCIL’s pursuit of excellence in service delivery. To recognise the value of its people as a resource.
e. Training and Development - To identify training and development needs with your manager, taking an active part in your Personal Development and Review Plan. To access development opportunities as they arise and share learning with others and where appropriate, actively encourage a learning environment and development within others.
f. Policy - To work at all times within the established policies and practices of TCIL.
g. Confidentiality - To adhere to TCIL’s policies and procedures on confidentiality and the management and sharing of information.
This job description cannot cover every issue or task that may arise within the post at various times and the post-holder will be expected to carry out other duties from time to time which are broadly consistent with those in this document. This job description does not form part of the contract of employment.
Please see attached documents for this position.