This group formed as a response to the threat of unnecessary tree felling in Urmston in March 2012. Since then we have decided to become a formal group so that we can fulfill the objectives listed below.
The following Aims were agreed at a meeting held on 7th June 2012:
1. To preserve the beautiful, mature trees of Trafford as far as possible, and to campaign to prevent their destruction where they don’t impact on people’s property.
2. To educate the community about the benefits of trees.
3. To encourage private companies to view existing trees as integral to new developments and to design new projects with this in mind.
4. To promote the planting of appropriately located new trees.
5. To urge the Council proactively to work alongside the community in respect of responsible tree husbandry, working through elected councillors.
6. To apply for any public funds (e.g., Lottery funding) to spend in pursuance with the above Aims.
7. To work with and alongside existing “Friends of…” parks groups.
8. To actively promote cleanliness and clean air initiatives – e.g., by working alongside groups such as Keep Britain Tidy, etc.
9. To campaign in support of “green initiatives” within the borough of Trafford, as deemed appropriate by group members.