VCAT successfully applied to the BIG Lottery Fund BASIS Programme in 2008 for funding to create a Development Team to provide essential support services to enable the development of the voluntary, community and faith sectors in Trafford over a three year period. We aim to develop an effective and highly skilled voluntary, community and faith sector, capable of making a strong contribution towards a fair and open society in Trafford. The Development Team has five main priorities:
- Funding Support - To ensure that local voluntary, community and faith groups are more able to maximise resources available to them by increasing knowledge of available resources and increasing the ability of groups to accessand manage potential funds.
- Volunteer Development - to create a more active community across Trafford by supporting those who work with volunteers to improve their work, helping to increase the numbers of people volunteering and improving their experiences of volunteering.
- Committee Development - to enable committees to cope with the growing complexity of their tasks and in meeting their growing responsibilities and obligations imposed by diverse legislations.
- Service Improvement - promoting the importance and benefits of quality throughout the voluntary, community and faith sector for organisations, their members and their users.
- Community Development - to enable communities to identify local solutions to local problems through research, capacity building and group development.
The Development Team works to meet these priorities through the development of the provision of:
- Training - tasters, workshops, short courses and accredited opportunities.
- Information Dissemination - information sheets, good practice manuals, newsletters and conferences.
- Advice & Support to Groups - outreach and office based surgeries offering specific advice and bespoke support.
- Forums & Networks - opportunities for exchanging information, development of good practice, training and influencing partnerships.
If you think the Development Team may be able to support your group, call us on 0161 872 8563 or email firstname.lastname@example.org